12 month LGBTIQ+ volunteering: Junior Community Development Officer
Ljubljana Pride Association is looking for a 12 months volunteer for an ESC (European Solidarity Corps) project!
Duration of the activity: 3. 5. 2023 – 1.5. 2024
Deadline for the application: 28. 2. 2023
You are an LGBTIQ+ youth (18-30 years old) and resident of the EU. With a strong interest in LGBTIQ+ organisations, topics and politics, and LGBTIQ+ youth mental health and housing issues. Responsible, sociable and have a proactive attitude. Comfortable with working in office environments and having an office routine, and with field and community work, sometimes on the weekends or in the evenings. Able to fluently communicate in English. Have previous volunteering or working experience. Communicative, outgoing and enthusiastic about working with LGBTIQ+ youth. Slovene speakers welcome!
You will work in a team of queer people and get to know the Slovenian LGBTIQ+ community while supporting the daily operations of the SQVOT programme. The programme is addressing issues of minority stress, mental health and housing exclusion and homelesness of LGBTIQ+ community and especially youth. Within the programme we provide psychosocial counseling, training and education, peer support, community building activities and advocacy.
– Participating in the regular office and field work;
– Promotion of the programme services and activities;
– Planning, organising and implementing events;
– Project management support;
– Providing peer support;
– Active support with research, data analysis and research reports;
– Supporting the daily operations in the office (logistical & administrative support).
ACCOMMODATION, FOOD AND TRANSPORT ARRANGEMENTS
The project includes:
– Fully funded travel and accommodation;
– Covered living expenses and pocket money;
– Mentoring and Youthpass certificate at the end of the activity;
– Health insurance for non-Slovene residents;
– Language support.
TRAINING DURING THE ACTIVITY
– You will be included in the daily work and activities of the association;
– You will be supported by a working coordinator and a mentor;
– The work will be mainly carried out in the office or in the field;
– During your activity, you will participate in an on-arrival organised by the national agency, where you will get to meet the other ESC volunteers from Slovenia.
You can apply until 28th of February 2023 either on email@example.com or through the European Youth Portal:
Financed by the European Union